Prof. (Dr.) Mohd. Salim
- Position: Director (Law)
- Email: email@example.com
Prof. (Dr.) Mohd. Salim has been learning and teaching law since 2003.
Dr. Md. Salim completed his LL.B from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh and his LL.M. from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. He got his Ph.D awarded from Jamia Millia Islamia on the topic ‘Sanctions and the issue of induced compliance in WTO Dispute Settlement System’.
He is the founder faculty of Symbiosis Law School, Noida (constituent of Symbiosis International University). Being associated with teaching and learning he has chaired panels at conferences, presented research papers at some well-known International and National conferences, judged competitions and guided dissertations. His expanse in academics ranges from teaching Law of Contract, Jurisprudence, Legal Reasoning, Public International Law, International Trade Law, Insurance Laws and UNCITRAL Model Laws, etc. As a teacher he has always been associated with students and has inspired them to excel in co-curricular activities.
Following is a brief of his research and academic accomplishments:
- TITLE: Economic growth through Public Private Partnership (PPP) model – A tool to stimulate private investment. Research Scholar: Mr. Bhagwan Menghani, (LL.M. 2011-12)
- TITLE: Arbitration: an effective mode of dispute redressal. Research Scholar: Ms. Anjali Sharma, (LL.M. 2011-12)
- TITLE: Corporate Governance: A Risk Management Device: A Legal Analysis. Research Scholar: Ms. Amisha Gupta, (LL.M. 2011-12)
- TITLE: Economic Analysis of Environment Laws in India. Research Scholar: Ms. Shruti Sharma, (LL.M. 2011-12)
- TITLE: Corporate Manslaughter. Research Scholar: Ms. Preeti Bhardwaj, (LL.M. 2012-13)
- Dissertation evaluated: TITLE: Economic growth through Public Private Partnership (PPP) model – A tool to stimulate private investment.
- ASSISTED: Ph.D. thesis on “Industrial pollution in the state of U.P. with special reference to the city of Kanpur: regulatory and legal control”.
- Faculty Development Programme: attended three day FDP at Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA 01-08 Dec. 2014.
- Workshop on international research opportunities and bio-manufacturing technology, (ROBT-2013) August 21-23, 2013: participated and delivered a lecture on ‘Bio-technology Business laws’ at Karpagam University Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Summer school, Northumbria school of law, Newcastle U.K.: attended two weeks summer school programme at Northumbria school of law, Northumbria University Newcastle upon tyne United Kingdom during 13th July to 27th July 2013.
- Faculty Development Programme: attended three day FDP at Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA 26-27 Dec. 2012.
- Co-chaired a Technical Session in the National Seminar on Indian Judicial System: Past, Present and Prospects- Faculty of Law Meerut College, Meerut, C.C.S. University, Meerut in association with Indian Council of Socio Science Research April 14-15, 2012.
- Research Paper presented on “Indian Judiciary: Activist or Adventurist” at the National Seminar on Indian Judicial System: Past, Present and Prospects- Faculty of Law Meerut College, Meerut, C.C.S. University, Meerut in association with Indian Council of Socio Science Research April 14-15, 2012.
- ‘Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on ‘Research In Law: Some Thematic and Methodological Issues’: Organised by Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA in the presence of Prof. (Dr.) B.B. Pande, an eminent professor and Research Consultant in the field of law.
- Chaired a Technical session at International seminar on ‘Beneficial interests in co-habitation disputes’ and ‘Law of Contracts: the UK experience’, on March 22nd, 2012 organized by Symbiosis Law School NOIDA (SLS-NOIDA).
- Presented a paper on “Trade and Human Rights in India” at International Seminar on "Legal Education and Human Rights in the United Kingdom and India" organized by SLS-NOIDA in collaboration with the School of Law, Northumbria University, UK, on March 6, 2012.
- Submitted a paper on “A case study of Pharmaceutical Product Patent in India” At the National Seminar on “Legal factors in TRIPS and its implications on Indian Patent Law” held on December 11-13, 2003, at the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper on “Anti-Dumping Law in Policy and Practice in India”, in the Seminar at Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Attended National Seminar on Corporate Law at the Indian Law Institute in September 2003.