“Always regard every human as an end in himself, and never use him merely as a means to your ends” Immanuel Kant
Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, U.P., India established in 2003 in affiliation with CCS University, Meerut, U.P. (state university established in 1965) and approved by the Bar Council of India (patron of professional legal education in India). We are imparting regular professional degree in the mode of BA.LL.B. - 5 year and LL.B. - 3 year program. During the last sixteen years in BA.LL.B. - 5 year program 11 batches consisted of 1500 approx. students and in LL.B. - 3 year program 13 batches consisted of 2200 approx. We have permanent free of cost Library book bank, Issue and Take away systems. Heinonline & Scconline legal database available 24hr. in campus to all through password protected Wi-Fi and ERP system. Admission is done through Lloyd Entrance Test & Personal Interview scheduled in May and June every year. Currently 1925 students are taught and trained by 70 regular faculty 20 visiting professionals & practitioners. The minimum attendance percentage for students in the regular classes is 75% and course pass percentage is 95%. 79% students are from outside U.P. 40% girls – 60% boy gender ratio, 1:20, Girls Hostel – 171, Boys Hostel – 182, Transportation – 180. Lloyd has MoU with NLSIU-B, RGNUL-P, ICSI, PENN LAW-U.S.A., SILF, MILAT, ELCOP, SAARCLAW, CLEA. Lloyd has membership of British Council, American Council, ILSA, ILI, ISIL, IIFT.
Lloyd ranked 01 in Private colleges and in North India and top 10 all India best law colleges of India - Annual Survey by India Today, Outlook, CSR and The Week - June 2018 and 2019. His Excellency Shri Venkaiah Naidu, the Hon'ble Vice-President of India Awarded Lloyd Law College "SILF - MILAT INSTITUTIONAL EXCELLENCE AWARD" on Tenth Law Teachers Day Program 01 Sept. 2018. We have privilege patronage of Prof. (Dr.) N. R. Madhava Menon the founder Vice-Chancellor of NLSIU-Bangaluru and NUJS-Kolkata and Former Director - NJA-Bhopal. It is our endeavor with your faith, support, guidance and understanding to be among the TOP 05 LAW SCHOOLS IN INDIA BY 2020.
Lloyd’s Idea of Legal Education
Legal education being a professional education for better delivery of justice. We impart practice and profession centric knowledge and skills in regular classes through teaching, simulations, training, workshops and internships.
Skill Development Centers - Active Mentoring Programs
We impart legal practice and profession oriented knowledge, skills and opportunities. Our process of education with contemporary courses and compendious curriculum are designed to focus on inculcating legal knowledge and cultivating professional skill set as are globally recognized in the profession. We have established students’ skill development bodies as active mentoring programs with specialized and experienced faculty members and professionals. These are our initiatives for each and every student to cultivate EMPLOYABILITY through DISCIPLINE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ENDURANCE. We have established student's skill development bodies like; Personality development cell, Debate Society, Moot Court Society, Trial Advocacy Center, Judicial Services Preparation Center, Lloyd ADR Center, Corporate Law Practice Center, Constitutional Law Club, Commonwealth Institute for Justice, Education and Research, Environmental Law Center, Film & Drama Club, Legal Aid Services Clinic, Public Interest Litigation Cell, Bank Frauds Legal aid Cell, Forensic Science Center, Legal Entrepreneurship & Startups, International Education Center.
- Bar Council of Kerala M. K. Nambyar Academy for Continuing Legal Education, Kochi, organised the South Asian Colloquium on Ethics for Judicial Professions on 17 - 18 Feb. 2018.
- Professional Development Workshop on New ways of teaching and research for better delivery of legal services by the Bar Council of Kerala & M. K. Nambyar Academy for Continuing Legal Education Kochi held on 7-10 Sept. 2017.
- National Law Day celebrated jointly by Law Commission and NITI Aayog organized by Lloyd Law College at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind, The Hon’ble President of India inaugurated the event on 25 Nov. 2017 and Mr. Narendra Modi, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India delivered the Valedictory Address on 26 Nov. 2017.
- Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon SAARCLaw Mooting Competition (National Round – 2015, 2016, 2017) and (SAARC Round – 2016, 2017, 2018) in association with Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy, Trivandrum (MILAT) and Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF).
- National Legal Job Festival – April 2018 opened to all the law graduates of all law schools organized in association with top 50 legal jobs employers in India.
- Best Law Teacher / Student Awards in association with LLOYD-MILAT-SILF-Penn State Law School U.S.A.
- First Corporate Leadership Development Program – CLDP organized by Institute of Company Secretaries of India during 28 Aug. – 14 Sept. 2017.
- CLEA regional conference in association with Law Commission of India on ‘Freedom of speech and expression & Sedition’ held at Lloyd Law College on 05 – 06 Nov. 2016.
- 'National Round' of 'The Louis M. Brown and Forrest S. Mosten International Client Consultation Competition, 2014.
- 30 Bar Council of India Trust All India Inter-University Moot Court Competition, 2013.
Moot Court Society
Since 2016, we have participated in 107 national & international mooting competitions and won 64 various awards. Only in 2018-19 our teams qualified for the International Mooting Rounds of Jean Pictet ICC Moot, Paris, France, Manfred Lachs International Space Law Moot, Asia Pacific Rounds of 34 countries, VU MLC Moot, Amsterdam, Netherland. In 2018-19 Lloyd teams were Surana Trial Advocacy Moot (North India Round) – Winner, VIPS International Criminal law Moot – Runner, UPES Trial Advocacy Moot – Winner, Paras Diwan Energy Law Moot – Runner,
Commonwealth Institute for Justice, Education and Research - Our Publications
- 1Prison Release of 08 Inmates with legal and financial assistance through academics, advocates and trained Para Legal Volunteer (PLV) students from Luksar - Jail, Greater Noida Kasna, Beta I, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh,
- Providing legal awareness and legal assistance as PLV to inmates in Tihar Jail No. 01 (Parol rights of convicted) and Jail No. 03 (bail right of under trials), Distt. Jail, Rohini, New Delhi, Luksar - Jail, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Lloyd PLV students are now providing awareness and training for POCSO, PNDT, DV, MV and other special criminal law issues to NGO’s like PRAYAS, GONJ, Society for Labour and Development (SLD), etc.
- Conducted Nukkad Natak on Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao, legal awareness camps and workshops for POSCO, PNDT, DV, MV, at Dilli Haat - Subhash Chander Marg, Dilli Haat – Janakpuri, Sports associations in Delhi, schools and colleges in Delhi, Noida and Greater Noida.
- two teams of our students have successfully filled Public Interest Litigation in the Hon'ble High Court of Delhi on Swach Bharat and the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India on Live Streaming of Supreme Court Proceedings.