Our Idea of Education
- Legal education being a professional education for better delivery of justice,
- We impart practice and profession centric education and training in regular classes through teaching, simulations, training, workshops and internships
- This is done through our 16 student skill development centers.
- Established in 2003 as a Private – unaided college of Satilila Charitable Society (registered under the societies registration Act, 1860).
- Affiliation with CCS University, Meerut, U.P. (state university established in 1965) since 2003.
- Approved by the Bar Council of India (patron of professional legal education in India) continuously since 2003.
- Approved for BA.LL.B. - 5 year (five batches) and LL.B. - 3 year (five batches).
- During the last sixteen years in BA.LL.B. - 5 year program 12 batches consisted of 1700 approx. students and in LL.B. - 3 year program 14 batches consisted of 2400 approx.
- We have permanent free of cost Library book bank, Issue and Take away systems. Heinonline & Scconline legal database available 24hr. in campus to all through password protected Wi-Fi.
- We admit new students each year through our own Lloyd Entrance Test & Personal Interview scheduled in May and June every year.
- Currently 1800+ students are taught and trained by more than 70 regular faculty 27+ visiting professionals & practitioners.
- The minimum attendance percentage for students in the regular classes is 75% and course pass percentage is 95%.
- 82% students are from outside U.P.
- 40% girls – 60% boy gender ratio
- 1:18 student – faculty ratio
- Girls Hostel – 200+, Boys Hostel – 200+, Transportation – 200+,
- Student & Faculty ERP system
- Lloyd has MoU with NLSIU-B, RGNUL-P, ICSI, PENN LAW-U.S.A., The University of Buckingham-U.K., LJMU-U.K., SILF, MILAT, ELCOP, SAARCLAW, CLEA & Pranab Mukherji Foundation
- Lloyd has membership of British Council, American Council, ILSA, ILI, ISIL, IIFT, ICRC
- Lloyd is Ranked among top 03 North India and top 10 all India best law colleges of India - Annual Survey by India Today, Outlook and CSR - June 2018 and again in 2019.
- His Excellency Shri Venkaiah Naidu, the Hon'ble Vice-President of India Awarded Lloyd Law College "SILF - MILAT INSTITUTIONAL EXCELLENCE AWARD" on Tenth Law Teachers Day Program 01 Sept. 2018.
- Professional Development Workshop on “New ways of teaching and research for better delivery of legal services” by the Bar Council of Kerala & M. K. Nambyar Academy for Continuing Legal Education Kochi, Sept. 2017.
- National Law Day celebrated jointly by Law Commission and NITI Aayog organized by Lloyd Law College at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind, The Hon’ble President of India inaugurated the event on 25 Nov. 2017 and Mr. Narendra Modi, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India delivered the Valedictory Address on 26 Nov. 2017.
- Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon SAARCLaw Mooting Competition (National Round – 2015-19) and (SAARC Round – 2016-20) in association with Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy, Trivandrum (MILAT) and Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF).
- National Legal Job Fest – April 2018, 2019 opened to all the law graduates passed in 2016-17 or passing in 2017-18 of law schools in India to be organized in association with top 50 legal jobs employers in India.
- First Corporate Leadership Development Program – CLDP with Institute of Company Secretaries of India (a statutory body of the Government of India) Sept. 2017.
- CLEA regional conference in association with Law Commission of India on ‘Freedom of speech and expression & Sedition’ held at Lloyd Law College on 05 – 06 Nov. 2016.
- 'National Round' of 'The Louis M. Brown and Forrest S. Mosten International Client Consultation Competition, 2014.
Lloyd STUDENT’S SKILL DEVELOPMENT BODIES
- Personality development cell (PDC)
- Moot Court Society (MCS)
- Legal Aid, PIL and Bank Frauds Center (LASEC)
- Lloyd Judicial Service Preparation Center (LJSPC)
- Lloyd Arbitration & Mediation Center (LADRC)
- Lloyd Trial Advocacy Center (L-TAC)
- Public Interest Lawyering Cell (PIL Cell)
- Corporate Law Practice Center (CLP)
- Debate Society (DebSoc) (British PD, Asian PD & Youth PD)
- Students’ Research Group (SRG)
- Legal Entrepreneurship & Startups (LES)
- Drama Club (Natyotsav & Swang)
- Advocacy skill training cell
- Constitution Club
- Students’ research group
Moot Court Society
- Since 2016, we have participated in 172 national & international mooting competitions and won 75 various awards
- In 2018-19 our teams qualified for the International Mooting Rounds of;
- Jean Pictet ICC Moot, Paris, France,
- Manfred Lachs International Space Law Moot, Asia Pacific Rounds of 34 countries
- VU MLC Moot, Amsterdam, Netherland
- In 2018-19 Lloyd teams were;
- Surana Trial Advocacy Moot (North India Round) – Winner,
- VIPS International Criminal law Moot – Runner,
- UPES Trial Advocacy Moot – Winner
- Paras Diwan Energy Law Moot – Runner,
- Prison Release of 08 Inmates with legal and financial assistance through academics, advocates and trained Para Legal Volunteer (PLV) students from Luksar - Jail, Greater Noida Kasna, Beta I, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh,
- Providing legal awareness and legal assistance as PLV to inmates in Tihar Jail No. 01 (Parol rights of convicted) and Jail No. 03 (bail right of under trials), Distt. Jail, Rohini, New Delhi, Luksar - Jail, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Lloyd PLV students are now providing awareness and training for POCSO, PNDT, DV, MV and other special criminal law issues to NGO’s like PRAYAS, GONJ, Society for Labour and Development (SLD), etc
- Conducted Nukkad Natak on Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao, legal awareness camps and workshops for POSCO, PNDT, DV, MV, at Dilli Haat - Subhash Chander Marg, Dilli Haat – Janakpuri, Sports associations in Delhi, schools and colleges in Delhi, Noida and Greater Noida.
U.G.C. compliance COMMITTEES
- Internal complaints committee
- Equal opportunity cell
- Anti-ragging cell
- Campus disciplinary committee
- Scholarship & endowments committee
- Grievance committee