- About Us
- Student's Activities
- Our People
Lexigentia conducts the peer review of the manuscripts submitted to it. This is an integral and positive process for publication. The peer reviewers, selected on the basis of their expertise and experience are academicians and other experts, who volunteer their time to help the authors improve their manuscripts and offer constructive reviews and suggestions before its publication.
I. Purpose of Peer Review
Lexigentia conducts peer-review process with an objective that revisions and improvement are part of the publication process and actually help raise the quality of the submitted manuscripts. It ensures that the manuscripts published in the journal are of the correct quality for the aims and objectives of Lexigentia. It plays a vital role in maintaining the high standards of publishing and specifically helps the authors in:
- Making the manuscript more robust: The reviewers may point areas which require further explanation or additional information;
- Making it easier for the target audience to understand the content and aim of the submitted work;
- Highlighting the importance and utility of the submitted manuscripts in its respective subjective areas, to the readers;
II. The peer review Process of Lexigentia
A manuscript submitted to Lexigentia will go through the following process in its review stage:
- Initial manuscript evaluation: The Editorial Board initially evaluates all manuscripts submitted to the journal. The manuscripts that meet the minimum criteria of content, relevancy, citation and styling are normally passed on to at least 2 experts for review. Manuscripts rejected at this stage would be insufficiently original, have fundamental false legal premises, has poor grammar or English language, or are outside the aims and scope of the journal.
- Type of Peer review: Lexigentia follows blind reviewing, where both the referee and author remain anonymous throughout the process. However, the reviewers are matched to the paper according to their expertise and our list of selected reviewers is constantly being updated.
- Submission of Peer review Report:Reviewers assess the manuscripts for its originality and on the following parameters
- Subject MatterIncludes aspects such as relevancy and acceptability
- Writing Style Includes aspects such as clarity in the presentation of key terms and concepts, flow, lucidity etc.
- PedagogyIncludes aspects like cases given/citations/case analysis/relevancy (recent) of cases.) of the article? What are the suggestions in the paper for change or improvement?
- Script Includes an overall evaluation of the paper. The Review Report recommends the suitability of the manuscript for publishing in Lexigentia as per the above criteria and overall strength of the paper. Note: Language correction is not part of the peer review process, but referees may, if so wish, suggest corrections to the manuscript
- Duration of Peer Review Process: The time required for the review process is dependent on the response of the reviewers. Lexigentia has a policy of maximum 15 days response time for the reviewers.
- Communication of the Peer review Report to the Authors: The reviewers’ recommendation and comments on the manuscript are sent to the authors within one working day of receipt the review report. The Editorial Board’s decision will be sent to the author with recommendations made by the referees, which usually includes verbatim comments by the reviewers and other suggestions as per Lexigentia referencing and style guide. The Editorial Board’s decision as to the acceptance or rejection of a manuscript is final;
- Submission of Revised manuscripts: The revised manuscripts are expected to be submitted strictly within the given deadline