- About Us
- Student's Activities
- Our People
- Have worked (on deputation) as Professor and Director, at the Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, (an affiliate of GGS Indraparastha University, Dwarka, New Delhi), Pitampura, New Delhi
- 26 years of experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of law
- 20 years of experience in research involving work relating to academics/ industries/ business/ non-governmental organizations and government organizations
- Have been teaching in the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia since February, 1991.
- Taught in the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi from September, 1988 to February, 1991.
- Taught Russian language to the students of Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi from September, 1989 to February, 1991.
- Currently supervising Ph.D. Scholars on various legal topics. Some research scholars are on the verge of completing their thesis under me.
- As a former Dean of the Faculty of Law organized several Talks, Extension Lectures, Moot Courts and Seminars that were presided over by eminent legal personalities
- Have been a member of several Selection Committees at various Central and State Universities and Government Bodies.
- Have been a member of certain Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committees, constituted by the University of Delhi
- At present I am a member of the Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee, constituted by the Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi.
DR. MANJULA BATRA, is presently working as Dean and Professor of Law at the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia (a Central University located in New Delhi). I am holding the position of Chairperson of the Ordinance Committee of Jamia Millia Islamia. I have held the position of the Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia earlier as well. I am also a member of the Editorial Board of the Magazine entitled “JAUHAR” published by Jamia Millia Islamia. I am Member of Executive Council of Jamia Millia Islamia. She is also Member of Academic Council of Jamia Millia Islamia. I have been teaching at the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia since February, 1991 as a permanent faculty member. I have contributed significantly to the all-round growth and development of the Faculty of Law at Jamia Millia Islamia, as I was the first person to be appointed as a Lecturer at the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Ph.D. from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, Delhi, 2004.
- LL.M. from Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, Delhi1987.
- LL.B. from Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, 1985.
- Post-graduation and Graduation in Economics (Hons.) from Miranda House, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- M. Phil in Russian Literature and Advance Diploma in Russian Language from Arts Faculty, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Received a Scholarship in Russian Language to pursue a Teachers Training Course at the Pushkin Institute, Moscow, Russia in the year 1984.
- Schooling from Presentation Convent High School, Delhi
Research/ Consultancy Projects:
- Doctoral Research on “Crimes against Women: Within the Family” from the Faculty of Law, Delhi University, Delhi.
- Project on “Water Resources Management” from the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi, under the guidance of Prof. Upendra Baxi (Former Vice-Chancellor of Delhi University) and Prof. Chhatrapati Singh, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi from 1988 to 1991.
(The work involved a study and interpretation of Central and State Irrigation and Environment Laws in India. The Project involved a series of Publications. My work on “Tortious Liability in water law” was published by the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi in the book entitled “Water Law and Policy” which was edited by Prof. Chhatrapati Singh.)
- With the Centre of Environmental Law WWF – India, under the aegis of the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India, pertaining to citizens rights, duties and responsibilities in environment law in India.
- With the Swiss Embassy, relating to policy/ laws/ issues concerning companies in India.
- With Span Consultants (Pvt.) Ltd., Madangir, New Delhi (now in Noida) on a World Bank funded project relating to road safety policy and legal issues in India.
- With TARU, an NGO, relating to the interpretation of the legal aspects of water and drainage system in Lucknow, in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
- With the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) (STUP Consultants) as a Legal Consultant.
- “Protection of Human Rights in Criminal Justice. Administration: Rights of Accused in Pre-trial Stage” – Published by Deep & Deep Publications, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi.
- “Law and the Indian Child” – Published by YWCA New Delhi.
- “Law of Evidence” – (A revision of Justice Monir‟s Book on Law of Evidence) Published by Universal Law Book Traders, New Delhi.
- “Tortious Liability in Water Law” – Published as a research paper in the book entitled “Water Law and Policy” edited by Prof. Chhatrapati Singh and published by the Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi.
- A Guide Book on “Citizens Rights, Duties and Responsibilities in Environmental Law” – Published by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, New Delhi.
- A Book Review on “Sexual Harassment at Workplace” by Ritu Gupta, published in the Journal of the Indian Law Institute, 2014
Have been the Editor-in-Chief of the Newsletter published by the Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, GGSIP University, during the period August, 2005 to April, 2008.
- “Tort Law” Published in the Annual Survey of the Indian Law Institute of the Year 2009.
- “Water Law” Published in a journal entitled Seminar of August 2000.
- “Women & Importance of Legal Profession”, Published in a Magazine entitled ‘Women’s Link’, Published by the Indian Social Institute.
- “India & World Literature” Published in a Magazine entitled an ‘Indian and Foreign World Review’, New Delhi.
- “Marital Rape: Is there a remedy?” published in a Law Journal of MD University, Rohtak, Haryana.
- “Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005”: A new hope for victims of domestic violence” published by the Delhi Legal Services Authority in Nyaya Deep. (NALSA).
D) Papers presented:
- “Tortious Liability in Water Law” at a National Conference held on ‘Water Resource Management’ under the Leadership of Prof. Upendra Baxi and Chattarpati singh at the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- “Right to a Healthy Environment as a Basic Human Right” at a seminar held on Human rights at the Indian Society of International Law.
- “Compensatory Jurisprudence in Environment Law” at a Seminar held at the Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
- “Excellence in Legal Education” at a Seminar held at the Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
- “Legal Aspects Relating to Road Safety in the State of UP” at a Seminar organized by Span Consultants Pvt. Ltd., held at Lucknow. Uttar Pradesh.
- “Evolution of Legal Rights: Recent Trends” in December 2009 at JMI, New Delhi.
- “Perjury: A violation of right to Fair Trial” at a Seminar organized by JMI, New Delhi in 2010.
- “Enforcement of Environment Law through Judicial Activism: Some Reflections” at an International Seminar held under the Indo-Australian partnership at Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, in 2010.
- “Domestic Violence: International and National Dimensions” at Workshop held at High Court Auditorium Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, 2012.
- Delivered a talk on Maintenance Laws governing Women and Children on Television on channel “Gyani Darshan” for School of Law, IGNOU, New Delhi, 2013.
- Presented a paper on “Creating World Class Institutions” at the National Conference on “Towards A World Class Law School : A Road Map” held on 16.08.2015 at Lloyd Law College, Noida
Membership of Professional and Academic Bodies
- Member of the Board of Studies, School of Gender and Development Studies, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Member of Expert Committee on Gender in Law, School of Gender and Development Studies, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Member of Research Committee, Amity University, Noida.
- Member of the Advisory Committee, IMS College, Noida.
- Member of Editorial Board, Amity Law Review, published Amity Law School, Delhi
- Member of the Advisory Committee, Lloyd Law College, Noida
- Member of the Board of Studies, Department of Art History and Art Appreciation, Faculty of Fine Arts, Jamia Millia Islamia
- Have been a member of the Research Committee, School of Law, IGNOU, New Delhi
- Have been a member of the Board of Studies, School of Law, Ansal University, Gurgaon
- Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
- Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi