- About Us
- Student's Activities
- Our People
Prof. (Dr.) R. K. Chaubey is currently the Head, Department of Law, University of Allahabad. He has done Master in Laws from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi and Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University. His field of Specialization is Indian Constitution, Taxation, Intellectual Property Rights, Human Rights & Cyber Law. He has been a member of various Academic Bodies like Indian Law Institute, New Delhi, Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi and Transparency International India (The Coalition Against Corruption), New Delhi. He has got published 29 Research Papers in Various National and International Journal of repute.
Educational and Academic Qualifications:
- B.Sc., LL.M. (Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi).
- Ph.D. (Kurukshetra University) and Title of the Ph. D. Thesis was “Concept of Autonomy and Indian Federal Structure”.
Teaching and Research Experience:
- Teaching Experience- 27 Years.
- Research Guidance-8 students working for D.Phil. Degree, ten are awarded D.Phil. and two ready for submission.
Participation in Conferences/ Seminars/ WorkshopInternational and National Conference:
- Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi is contemplating is to recognize the one day seminar on pharmaceuticals patents: Health Care, Politics and Paradox on 07th October, 2006. The Seminar is sponsored by the E.U. – India Trade and Investment Development Programme – IPR Component, New Delhi, My article titled “Intellectual Property Rights Regimes and Public Health” has been accepted for presentation in the seminar.
- Participated in the National Seminar on IPR Creation and Management in Academic and Research Institutions from 24th and 25th February, 2006 at Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Cell, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Participated in the National Seminar on IPR – IT and Broadcasting Rights from 17th to 19th February, 2006 at Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad.
- Participated as a delegate and presented a paper entitled “Challenging Facing Indian Federalism and the New Trends in the International Relationship” in the International Conference on “The Emerging Trends in International Criminal Jurisprudence” organized by the Indian Society of International Law on 10-11 December, 2005
- Participated in the National Seminar on “New Dimension of Human Creative Activities and Their Protection under the Copyright Law – A Human Approach”, organized by Faculty of Law, Kumaun University, S.S.J. Campus, Almora and The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi, on 10-11 September, 2005, and presented a paper entitled “Infringement of Copyright”.
- Participated in the National Seminar on IPR – IT and Entertainment from 18th to 20th February, 2005 at Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad.
- Participated as a delegate and presented a paper entitled “Geographical Indications and TRIPs Agreement” in the “Second International Conference” of the Indian Society of International Law, held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 14-17 November, 2004.
- Participated in the National workshop on Legal and Economic Aspects of Emerging IPR Regime and India organized by, Department of Economics, University of Allahabad and the Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India on 10th and 11th January, 2004.
- Participated in National Seminar on Impediments, Methodology and Solutions for Implementation of the New Courses introduced by the BCI particularly related to Practical Training organized by Law School, BHU, on March 17-19, 2001 and presented a paper entitled “Impediments, Methodology and Solution for implementation of New Courses introduced by the BCI Particularly related to Practical Training”.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Problems of Legal Education”, organized by Law Faculty, CMP Degree College, Allahabad, on February 24, 2001 and presented a paper entitled “The Problems of Legal Education”.
- Participated in the deliberations of the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Fire decades on the Indian Constitution” organized by the Faculty of Law, Maharaja Balwant Singh P.G. College, Gyanpur, Varanasi from December 25-27, 1999.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Parliament Democracy and Judicial Activism : Indian Context (December 21-23, 1997) organized by Faculty of Legal Studies, MJP – Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, U.P. in Commemoration of 50th year of India’s Independence and presented paper entitled “The Concept of Democracy”.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Government Degree College, Phaphamau, Allahabad is contemplating to organize the National Seminar and sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi on “Intellectual Property Rights: Plant Varieties and Genome Conversation” on October 14-15, 2006 at Allahabad. My article titled “IPR and Indian Traditional Knowledge” has been accepted for presentation in the workshop.
- Participating in International Seminar On Plant Biology and Environment: Changing Scenario, organized by the University of Allahabad, on 17-19 December, 2008 and presented a paper entitled “Plant Biology and Environment: Changing Scenario”.
- Participated in Seven Day Training Programme on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Education, organized by Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh and the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi on February 28 to March 05, 2004.
- Participated in the Regional Workshop on Mainstreaming Gender in Legal Education organized by Gender and Law Association in Collaboration with Faculty of Law, University of Delhi on 26-28 January, 2007.
- Participated in the Regional Teacher Training Programme on International Humanitarian Law organized by the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University and the International Committee of the Red Cross, from 6th to 8th March 2007, Varanasi, U.P.
- 12th Refresher Course in Law, from 01st December 2004 to 21st of December, 2004 on Emerging Problems of Law, in the new Millennium of Law, in Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad, a Coordinator of the Refresher Course.
- Delivered Lecture in the Orientation Course, organized by the Academic Staff College, Allahabad on Judicial Activism on 10th March, 2006.
- Delivered Lectures on Centre State Relations in Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, on 17-18 November, 2008.
- Delivered Lectures in the Orientation Course, organized by the Academic Staff College, Allahabad on PIL on 30th October, 2009.
- Delivered Lectures in Aligarh Muslim Univesity, Banaras Hindu University, Lucknow University, Delhi University on various topics.
List of Research Papers:
- A Research Paper entitled “Challenges Facing International Trade in the Era of Globalization” has been published in 36th Annual Conference of Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi, on 24-25 March, 2007.
- A Research Paper entitled “Role of Intellectuals, Scientists and Technologies In Intellectual Property Rights” has been published in “Introduction to copy Right Law in India”, published by the Law House, Cuttuck, 2007.
- A Research Paper entitled “Cyber Stalking: The Online Harassment” has been published in Alligarh Law Journal, Volume XVIII, Aligarh Muslim University in 2007-2008.
- “Geographical Indications under TRIPS Agreement: Course or Boon for Developing Countries like India”, Supreme Court Journal 2006(3), SCJ 11th May, 2006.
- Intellectual Property Rights under the TRIPS Agreement – Curse or Boon for India in the Era of Globalization? INDIAN BAR REVIEW Volume XXXI (3 and 4) 2004. The Bar Council of India Trust, New Delhi.
- Has the Parliamentary From of the Government of India, failed? “THE TIMES OF INDIA” May 24, 2000.
- “Violence and Voice of regionalism, Autonomy and Separation in Indian Federal Polity, NORTHERN INDIA PATRIKA, July 20, 1999.
- An Article “Role of Tax on Agricultural Income in the Economic Development” has been published in “Current Tax Reporter”, Volume 84, 15th June, 1999.
- “Tax Evasion, Avoidance and Planning (A Conceptual Comparison) 2 LAW REVIEW Volume 12, 1990 Shri Jai Narain Degree College, Lucknow.
- An Article Panchayat Raj – will the dream come true? Has been published in THE PIONEER Ag. 26, 1989.
- An Article Tax Evasion and Black-Money – The Curse of Economy ahs been published in “Current Tax Bulletin” Volume 28th July, 1989.
- An Article “Savings as an instrument of economic development” has been published in “Current Tax Bulletin” Volume XXIX, No. 11 in 1988.
- An Article “New Direction and Implication” has been published in 1988, 69 “Current Tax Reporter”
- Concept of Tax Evasion, Avoidance and Planning (A Conceptual Comparison), published by Krishna Printers, Varanasi, 1996.
- Federalism, Autonomy and Center State Relations, Satyam Publication, New Delhi, 2007.
- Right to Information Act, Published by Allahabad Law Agency Publications, in 2008.
- An Introduction to Cyber Crime and Cyber Law Published by Kamal Law House, Kolkata, in 2008.
- Working as an Assistant Proctor, University of Allahabad Since 09-09-2001.
- Working as Central Public Information Officer since 25-11-2006.
- Worked as a Chairman, Law Admission Test in 2007.
- Worked as a Director, Law Admission Test in LL.B. Three Years and B.A. LL.B. (Hons): Five Years Integrated Course in 2008-2009.
- Worked as a Chairman, Law Admission in LL.B. Three Years and B.A. LL.B. (Hons): Five Years Integrated Course in 2008-2009.
- Worked as a Chairman, Law Admission in B.A. LL.B. (Hons): Five Years Integrated Course in 2015-2016.
- Working as a Course Co-ordinator for D.Phill course in University of Allahabad.
- Working as a Co-ordinator in Legal Cell, University of Allahabad since 11th January 2016.