Gangesh Kumar Jha
- Position: Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)/ Coordinator, IQAC Cell Convener, Transport Committee
- Email: email@example.com
Master of Arts in Political Science (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi); Master of Philosophy in Political Science (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi); LL.B (Faculty of Law, Delhi University); Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Psychology & Modern History ( Allahabad University, Allahabad); UGC-NET.
Gangesh Kumar Jha has been teaching political science and public policy for last 10 years. Having a composite experience in teaching and research Jha has worked with various organizations. He has worked as a researcher at National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), New Delhi for over a period of 2 years. Briefly he worked with the Indian Social Institute, New Delhi and with Commonwealth Human Right Initiatives (CHRI), New Delhi as Project officer. He started his career as investigator cum researcher at CSDS, Delhi for ‘election study programme’ and went on to assist fellows at Centre de Science and Humaines (CSH), New Delhi.
Gangesh earned his Masters in Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Political Science from Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. His particular interest in using law as a tool to empower the citizen culminated into his earning of Law degree (LL B) from Delhi University. His research interests include the interface between the politics and environment mediated through institutional and discursive means.
Conference & Seminar
- Attended a workshop cum seminar on “Water and Environment- Issues and Challenges”, (12-13 Oct. 2002), at Water Resources Developing Training Centre (WRDTC), IIT Roorkee.
- Participated in a workshop-cum-seminar on “Synergizing S&T with Judicial Processes”, (19th Nov. 2004), at TIFAC, New Delhi.
- Participated in the National Seminar organized by Centre for Political Studies (CPS), JNU on the theme “Uttar Pradesh in the 1990s: Critical perspectives on Society, Polity and Economy” on March 10-11, 2005.
- Participated in the interdisciplinary International Conference on “Globalization and Sustainable Good Governance: Opportunities and Challenges” ay Campus Law Centre, Delhi on 18-21st March, 2005.
- Participated in a daylong Conference on International Conference of Jurists-2009 organized under the auspices of All India Bar Association on 21 November, 2009 at Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi.
- Recently attended a seminar on the issue of “Trial by Media-Role of judiciary” at IMS, Law College, Noida (19-05-12).
- Participated in one day workshop for Law Teachers on ‘Access to Justice: An Agenda for Legal Education” at Indian Law Institute, New Delhi on 29 Nov., 2012.
- Participated in 5 Days(4-8th March,2015) Faculty Development Programme on the theme of “Constitutional Litigation and Human Right Advocacy” Jointly organized by IBA-CLE Chair, NLSIU, Bangalore and MILAT, Trivandrum.
- Presented a paper on the theme of “Sedition” at the seminar jointly convened by the Law Commission of India and Lloyd Law College.