Mr. Adnan Irshad
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A., LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M., Ph.D. in law (pursuing)
Mr. Adnan Irshad is an Assistant Professor of Law at Lloyd Law College since September 2022. He has received education from various esteemed Universities. He has completed his BA.LL.B (Hons.) from Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, in 2012. Then he received his LLM with dual specialization in Criminal Law and Human rights from the Indian Law Institute in 2015, where he was awarded distinction in his LLM dissertation for his research work. He has also successfully pursued PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Law from Indian Society of International Law. He qualified NET examination in 2015 and is also a Ph.D. Scholar at Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia. The title of his Ph.D. is “Critical Analysis of Sentencing Policy in Vehicular Homicide Cases with special reference NCT of Delhi”. He has keen interest in Criminal Law, International Law, Human Rights and the philosophy of Law. Over the years he has also acquired interest in empirical research in criminal law and criminology.
He has a total experience of 8 years comprising the Industry/ Litigation and Academic domains. He worked as a research associate in ANZ Lawz a reputed law firm in Greater Kailash, New Delhi. He technically started his career from the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia as Assistant Professor (Contractual), wherein he was fortunate enough to teach both B.A.LL.B and LLM students. He taught Research Methodology to LLM regular and executive programs. Then he taught various law subjects for 3 years at St.Thomas’ College of Law, where he was instrumental in establishing a Legal Aid Clinic and was also the co – coordinator of NAAC. He was also the faculty representative (staff member) in the St.Thomas’ Higher Education Society (STHES), which is the governing body of St.Thomas’ College. He was also founding member of various societies and Co – editor of ‘Law Focus’, the Newsletter of the college. In a nut shell it can be said that he has a very enriching experience as an Academician and a legal enthusiast.
Mr. Adnan Irshad believes in a pragmatic approach in academics. He focuses more in enabling, facilitating and instilling skills in the students. He employs various pedagogies and methods which creates a conducive environment for learning. His approach is to mix both the theoretical learning with practical training and development of skills as a whole. He is a keen researcher and he espouses on research oriented methods and curriculum.
- A total of 8 years comprising 6 years of Teaching Experience and 2 years Industry Experience as a Consultant Advocate and Research Associate at Anz Lawz, GK II , New Delhi
- Assistant Professor – Law, Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida since 1st September 2022
- Assistant Professor- Law, St. Thomas’ College of Law , Greater Noida , from 16th September 2019 to 31st August 2022
- Assistant Professor – Law, Ramautar Vidhi Mahavidhalya, Kanpur, UP from Feb 2018 to August 2019
- Assistant Professor – Law, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, July 2o17 to 23rd January 2018
- Assistant Professor – Law, Ramautar Vidhi Mahavidhalya, Kanpur, UP, January 2017 to July 2017
- Research Associate and Associate Advocate – Anz Lawz, M – 147, Greater Kailash II, New Delhi, from January 2015 to December 2016
Roles And Responsbilites
- Attendance coordinator for BALLB program
- Adjudged, Debating Society (Deb-Soc), Lloyd Law College : Selection rounds and extempore rounds - 2022
- Mentoring students for Moot Courts
- Course and Content reviewer for Media Laws
- Was a mentor for Synopsis and Research Papers of LLM candidates of Jamia Millia Islamia during his stint as a teacher of Research Methodology
- Was Coordinator of LLB classes at Saint Thomas’ College of Law
- Was the Co- founder and Convener of Legal Aid Cell, Saint Thomas’ College of Law
- Was the sub – editor of ‘Law Focus’ , quarterly newsletter of STCL
- Was Co- coordinator of NAAC and IQAC of St.Thomas’ College of Law
- Was the staff/faculty representative in the Saint Thomas’ Higher Education Society (STHES)
- Was a Mentor and Secretary of the Mooting Society of St. Thomas College of Law
- Has been invigilator in UPSC Examinations, specially Civil Services Examination
- Has been Examiner and Evaluator of BALLB and LLB papers of CCS University, Meerut, UP
Books, Research And Publication
- “A Critique on Sentencing Policy with reference to Vehicular Homicide Cases in India” Veethika - An International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, 8(2), https://doi.org/10.48001/veethika.2022.08.02.0020.
- “A Critique of Law Relating to disability in India: Current Scenario and Emerging Trends “Edu World(2319–7129Year218/Vol XII)
International And National Seminar/Conference
- Paper presented on “Human Rights of Disabled in India: A Critical Appraisal of the Legal Framework” in National Seminar on Socio Legal Aspects of Disability in India organized by Faculty of Law, JMI New Delhi on November 01, 2017.
- Paper presented on “UCC – Judgments and Trends “in Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Sonipat, Haryana on October 27, 2017.
- “Global Environment and Disaster Management: Law and Society” held on 22nd-24th July 2011 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, jointly organized by Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi, Indian Law Institute, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India.
- “Third National Conference on Mediation” held on 7th – 8th July 2012 at Vigyan Bhawan New Delhi, organized by Supreme Court of India.
- “Economic Growth and Changes of Corporate Environment in Asia”, International Academic Conference held on 22nd – 23rd September 2012. - At Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Participated “on the occasion of the 3rd National Green Tribunal at Faridkot House, New Delhi”, organized by the National Green Tribunal, Delhi, held on 18th October 2013 at Faridkot House, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi – 110001.
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- “Current Trends in Legal Research “held on February 8 – 14, 2021 Organized by Christ University, Noida , “Innovative Teaching Learning Methods and Research in Law: Challenges Ahead “held on 13 – 18 July 2020 Organized by School of Law, Sharda University
- “Intellectual Property Rights and Its Application in Law, Management and Media “held on 10 December to 15 December 2019, organized by Delhi Metropolitan College. Noida.
- “Short Course on Empirical Methods in Legal Research” under the Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) organized by the Professor Theodore Eisenberg Centre for Empirical Legal Research and Centre for Criminology and Victimology in Association with Asian Law Institute (ASLI), Singapore held on December 4 – 8, 2017 at National Law University Delhi
- Bar Council of India , Bar Council of Delhi , 2012 and Saket Bar Association, 2012
Awards & Honours
- Was the second topper and Distinction holder in LLM Dissertation from the prestigious Indian Law Institute