Ms. Arushi Dhawan
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Email: email@example.com
B.A LL.B Hons (Lucknow University), LL.M (Hidayatullah National Law University) and UGC-NET
Ms. Arushi Dhawan has done her B.A LL. B from Lucknow University and masters (LL.M course) from Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur with specialization in Corporate Laws. Ms. Arushi has also done a certificate course in Cyber Laws from Government Law College, Bombay. She has qualified both UGC-NET and AIBE exam. She is Currently pursuing her Ph.D course from Gujarat National university on the topic “Strengthening Refugee Protection in India: With Special Reference to Education of Refugees Living in Delhi, India”.
My Academic vision is to nurture students in such a manner that they go on to become successful skilled professionals and ensure to cater the needs of the students. The commitment towards academic excellence goes beyond expanding students’ knowledge and skills and seeks to cultivate modes of knowing and habits of mind that lead to lives of purpose and meaning. At the same time provide learning experiences that are responsive both to the lives and concerns of students and to the vision of justice and equity.
Ms. Arushi Dhawan has practiced as an advocate in various courts of Delhi for approximately 2 years. Post which she worked with Amity University (Lucknow campus) as an Assistant Professor (Law) and currently she is working as an Assistant Professor (Law) at Lloyd Law College.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Resource Person for an Online Awareness Programme on “Rights of women with emphasis on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act,2013.
- Organised (Faculty Coordinator) a Winter School on Privacy and Public Laws.
- Organised a Panel discussion on Criminal Law Reforms in 5th Prof. N. R. Madhav Menon SAARC Mooting Competition.
- Organised a Law Conference on Gender Justice in the 6th Prof. N. R. Madhav Menon SAARC Mooting Competition.
- Organized the Round Table Conference on Reservation of seats for women in Parliament and State Legislature in collaboration with Pranab Mukherjee Foundation.
- Guided students in Various Moot Competitions and Research Publications.
- Peer-reviewer for the journal Lloydians : Student Law review of Lloyd Law College.
- Session Moderator for various Teaching sessions/Guest lectures.
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Participated in a 4-week Faculty Training and Development Programme sponsored by MHRD- sponsored Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and teaching (PMMMNMTT), Ramanuja College, University of Delhi.
- Participated in a 7-day Faculty Training and Development Programme, organised by GMR Institute of Technology.
- Attended a 2-Day Refresher course organised by ICFAI Law School Jaipur on “Personal Law”
- Participated in One Week Refresher Course for Law Teachers on “March of Law: Critical Reflections in Law Teaching and Research Methodology” organised by National Law School of India University, Bengaluru.
International & National Seminars/Conferences
- Attended a Seminar on Criminal Investigation, Forensic Science & Medical Jurisprudence at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore.
- Presented Paper at National Seminar conducted by National Law University, Lucknow on topic “Freedom of speech and expression via online service providers; how free is the freedom”
- Presented Paper at National Seminar conducted National Law University, Raipur on topic “Socio-Legal Dimension of Live in Relationship: A Challenge to Society”.
- Presented Paper at National Conference conducted by National Law University, Delhi on Are Women Still Safe? A Jurisprudential Analysis of Death Penalty for Rape
- Presented Paper at an International Seminar organised by Nawal Foundation on topic “Globalisation and its impact on Indian Society”.
- Presented Paper at National Seminar conducted by Charcha Annual Legal Summit, Goa on topic “Human Rights and Prisoners’ Rights”.
- Presented Paper at National Seminar conducted by Unity P.G and Law College, Lucknow on Topic “Food Adulteration and Law: A need for change”.
- Presented Paper at International Seminar conducted by Lucknow University on Topic “Concept of Global Administrative Law: An Overview”.
Books, Research & Publications
- Arushi Dhawan,2019 “The Concept of Female Genital Mutilation and Its related Laws in India” in “Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research”.
- Arushi Dhawan,2019 “The Changing Concepts of Actus Reus & Mens Rea in the Contemporary Society” in “The Research Journal of Social Sciences”.