Dr. Madhuker Sharma
- Position: Associate Professor / Deputy Director (Academics)
- Email: email@example.com
BA (Hons.) English, LLB, LLM, MHR, & Phd.
Dr. Madhuker Sharma is primarily a researcher in the domain of legal education. He has administrative experience of working with the Govt. of India for more than eight yrs. (2003-2011); since 2011, he is enjoying serving the law students as a teacher.
Dr. Sharma is largely interested in research activities. He has completed six projects on varied issues, like, Juvenile Justice, Wildlife Protection Laws, Compensation to Victim of an Offence, Rights of Disabled Persons, Old-age Homes, & Capital Punishment. Primary focus in all the projects on which he has worked upon is empirical research. He has experience of teaching various subjects, including, Criminal Procedural Law, Research Methodology, Law of Contract, Environmental Law, Comparative Constitution, Legal Reasoning & Logic, Right to Information Act, and Law & Ethics. With great assistance from college authorities, he has restricted area of teaching to (i) Criminal Procedural Law, and (ii) Research Methodology; and the same have become his area of interest in teaching. He emphasises & focuses on practical life-like situation based teaching methods. Keeping this in my mind, he has always kept his subject paper to be Open Book Examination, as & when permitted under Examination Rules of the Universities. He has imbibed the similar methods in the subject paper on Research Methodology as well as in his research activities.
With the objective of bringing real-life court room learning experience in college life of the students, he has initiated & evolved two long-term training programs in criminal law practice, Mock Trial Advocacy Competition (MTAC) being the first one, and Criminal Appeal Competition (CAC) being the second one. MTAC is one yr. long training cum competition program and CAC is six months long training cum competition program.
Dr. Sharma aims at promoting culture for research based teaching & learning activities in legal education. He strives to inculcate & nurture research talent in legal education.
Dr. Madhuker Sharma began his professional career in the yr. 2003 with Controller General of Accounts in its accounting services catering to various ministries of Govt. of India. In the yr. 2011, he joined the teaching services as Assistant Professor of Law at Symbiosis Law School, Noida. In the yr. 2021, he has joined the Lloyd Law College with learning & experience of more than nine yrs. of teaching & research at Symbiosis Law School, Noida. He has experience of more than three yrs. (2017-20) in academic administrative activities, like, course curriculum design/revision, examination reforms, pedagogical reforms, etc.
Role & Responsibility
As Associate Professor and Deputy Director (Academics), Dr. Sharma has following responsibilities:
- Teaching the subject, as allotted by the college;
- Assisting the Director, Lloyd Law College in academic administrative activities of the college.
- Leading research & publication activities at the college;
- Coordinating between college and the faculty members in research & publications of the teachers;
- Coordinating, assisting, & guiding the researcher in a teacher;
- Working on Research Projects either @ institutional level, or in collaboration with external agencies.
Books, Research, & Publication:
- Dr. Madhuker Sharma, Handbook on Right to Information Act, 2005 (Gogia Law Agency, Hyderabad; Ist Ed., 2013; ISBN 978-81-89804-55-8)
- Dr. Girjesh Shukla & Dr. Madhuker Sharma, A Handbook on Code of Criminal Procedure (Gogia Law Agency, Hyderabad; Ist Ed., 2013; ISBN 978-81-89804-56-5)
- Dr. Madhuker Sharma, Perspectives on Rights of Girl Child in India, (Radha Publications, New Delhi; Ist Ed. – 2014; ISBN 978-81-7487-871-7)
- Dr. Madhuker Sharma, Juvenile Delinquency, (Radha Publications, New Delhi; Ist Ed. – 2014; ISBN – 978-81-7487-873-1)
- Chapter in a Book: Expectations of Mankind & Sustainable Development Goals by HPNLU, Shimla (Mohan Law House, Delhi; published in October, 2020)
- Chapter in a Book: Reforms in Legal Education & Research by National Law University, Delhi (in publication stage)
Publication (Research Project Reports)
- A Study on Efficacy of Enhanced/Increased Age Prescription for Male Child under Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act, 2000; March, 2011 – April, 2012, Four Research Associates, Empirical, Report released on 6th April, 2012
- Empirical Study on Implementation of Wildlife Protection Laws in India; September, 2014 – October, 2016, Eight Research Associates, Empirical, Report released in October, 2016
- A Study on Working Conditions at Old-Age Homes in Delhi-NCR; January, 2016 – March, 2017, Three Research Associates, Empirical, Report released in March, 2017
- Contribution of Judicial Mechanism in Facilitating Access to Justice to Victim; January, 2016 – March, 2018, Three Research Associates, Empirical, Report released in March, 2018
- Access to Infrastructural Facilities to Physically Disabled Persons in Delhi; April, 2018 – March, 2019; fifteen Research Associates, Empirical, Report submitted in March, 2019
- Evaluating the Objective & the Objectivity of Capital Punishment in Criminal Justice System; Report submitted in February, 2021
Research Projects (On-going)
- Revisiting Criminal Law Project - Project to Revisit, Rethink, & Re-evaluate the Law Related to Non-bailable & Cognizable Offences in India; January 2020 onwards
Publication (Research Paper / Article)
- ‘Functionalism to Adventurism – Journey of Indian Judiciary’, Vol. 33 : 2014, Delhi Law Review, Pg. 205-10 (2014), ISSN – 097-4936
- ‘Adjournment in Litigation and Its Socio-Economic Impact, Vol. LXI No. 4 / December 2019, Artha Vinjana, Pg. 357-63 (2019), ISSN – 0971-586 X
International / National Seminars / Conference:
Conferences (International) – Paper Presented
- Madhuker Sharma, Role of Judicial Mechanism in Facilitating Access to Justice to Victim, International Conference on Reforming Prosecution for Victim Justice, National Law University, Delhi, 21st – 22nd June, 2019
- Madhuker Sharma, Adjournment in Litigation and Its Socio-Economic Impact, 4th International Conference on Law & Economics, Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, Pune, 15th – 16th December, 2018
- Madhuker Sharma, Role of Judicial Mechanism in Facilitating Access to Justice to Victim, 3rd International Conference on Law & Economics, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, 18th – 19th November, 2017
- Madhuker Sharma, Rights of a Girl Child in India and Its Ambit in Legal Education, International Seminar on Legal Education and Human Rights in the United Kingdom & India, Symbiosis Law School, Noida, 6th March, 2012
Conferences (National) – Paper Presented
- Madhuker Sharma, Due Process & Legislative Policy in Criminal Law, National Conference on Exploring Critical Perspectives in Criminal Law, National Law University, Delhi, 18th – 19th June, 2018
- Madhuker Sharma, Teaching, Learning & Evaluation: Case Study of Courses in Law of Contract, and Moot Court Exercise & Internship, 12th National Workshop on Curriculum & Learning Outcome of Legal Education, ILS Law College, Pune, 25th – 26th May, 2018
- Madhuker Sharma, Functionalism to Adventurism – Journey of Indian Judiciary, National Seminar on Indian Judiciary – Past, Present & Prospects, Faculty of Law, Meerut College, Meerut, 14th – 15th April, 2012
- Resource Person at ‘Virtual Conclave on Environment & Disaster Management’, organized by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla on 13th October, 2020
- Resource Person at ‘One Day Workshop on Right to Information Act’, organized by Regional Staff Training College, Gurugram on 2nd January, 2020
- Resource Person at ‘One Day Workshop on Right to Information Act’, organized by Regional Staff Training College, Gurugram on 17th February, 2018
- Resource Person at ‘One Day Workshop on Wildlife Conservation’, organized by Columbia Global Center, Mumbai (Columbia University, New York) in New Delhi on 7th November, 2019