Dr. Preeti Tewari
- Position: Associate Professor
- Email: email@example.com
B.A., M.A., B.Ed., Ph.D
Dr. Preeti Tewari is an Associate Professor of English at LLOYD LAW COLLEGE. Dr. Tewari has completed her B.A., M.A., and B.Ed. Further, she has completed her Ph.D. Thesis entitled ‘Feminist Discourse in the novels of Shobhaa De and Namita Gokhale’. Her area of research majorly focuses on ELT, Phonetics, Business Communication, Soft Skills training and Feminism. She has done theatre also. Dr. Tewari She has over 17 years of teaching experience and has taught an array of courses like Professional English, Professional Communication, Business Communication, Technical Writing, UCLES BEC and Soft Skills courses to the undergraduate as well as post graduate students. She is instrumental in conducting tailor made sessions for students across the board in unleashing their hidden potential and making them employable. She strongly believes in the power of a Guru which literally means dispeller of darkness. She conducts classes, webinars, PD workshops in order to groom students and make them employable. She’s the Head Coordinator of Naatyotsav: the theatre group nurtured by her. She conducts regular trainings and workshops for the selected theatre enthusiasts. Apart from these, she actively looks into the various extracurricular activities like Nukkad Naatak, Stage Plays/ Skits, and conducting cultural programs.
Dr. Tewari strives to make learning fun. She believes that it’s only when a student begins to enjoy attending sessions/lectures that learning can begin. Moreover, a rapport between a Guru keeps changing roles; from being to a guide, mentor, to being a co-participant, organizer and facilitator. In addition to it, she firmly believes that no course could be taught without adding human values and professional ethics along with etiquettes as a foundation to the teachings. As, only an evolved and compassionate citizen can change the destiny of any nation!
Dr. Tewari began her career in UPTEC, Lucknow in the year 2000 as a Business English Certificate Course (BEC) Course Coordinator, Cambridge University, British Council, New Delhi (Participants: MCA/O Level Course)
- Dr. Tewari worked as a Faculty of English, in BBDNITM, Lucknow in the year 2003.
- Dr. Tewari associated with Galgotias Group of Institutions in 2004 as an Assistant Professor, Department of English where she taught B.Tech/MBA/MCA/PGDM students.
- Dr. Tewari briefly (2014-2015) got associated with ABESEC, Ghaziabad.
- In 2015, Dr. Tewari was heading the English department in JRE Group of Institutions- a Raffles Gr. (from Singapore) and Educomp Gr. venture
- 2017 was the year when Dr. Tewari got associated with I.T.S Group where she stayed till 2019. In 2019, Dr. Tewari got appointed as an Associate Professor in Lloyd Law College.
Roles & Responsibilities
- With effective interpersonal skills, people management and strategic approach, Dr. Tewari shuffles her academic and any other roles and responsibilities that she gets entrusted with. As the first year BALLB Students’ Faculty Coordinator, she looks after the following on regular basis: Mentoring; Grievance handling; Counseling; any other related concerns. She conducts theatre workshops and trains students in drama/ stage plays/ script writing, etc. Conducting placement related sessions; Conducting Workshops on Personality Development; Designing modules for Placement; Editing and Proof reading books/research papers/ other related material [Book-Gender and Justice to be published] Conducting Student Orientation programme; Guiding students for various legal and other Competitions; Conducting workshops/sessions for students in college. Faculty Coordinator of LLOYD JOB FEST, 2018 & 2019.
Books, Research and Publication
Books: 1. Quorocracy: 275 quotes to conquer life 2. Crack CLAT & AILET [English Language Section] Research & Publication: Publications:
- 1. Value driven leadership for Motivating Employees in the Indian perspective
- 2.Employing Literature- Drama- as an effective tool for English Language Teaching in Covid Era
- 3. Information Technology in Supply Chain Management
International & National Seminars/Conferences
- Participated in a National Seminar cum Workshop on e-Content, MOOCs (SWAYAM) & ARPIT organized by GAD-TLC & AICTE held in Sri. Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi on 31 August 2019
- Participated in an AICTE sponsored National Conference on Strategies for Sustainable Growth in the Era of Information Technology held at GNIT Management School, Greater Noida (23 November 2013)
- Participated in the Symposium on Dramatic Presentation of a Novel held at VSSD College, Kanpur (31 March 2008)
- Attended a Seminar on Teacher Support Programme for BEC, organised at British Council Division, New Delhi (23-25 June, 2006)
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Participated in the 8-day workshop on Human Values and Professional Ethics held in ABES-EC, Ghaziabad in June 2016
- Participated in a workshop on Universal Human Values held in Galgotias University, Greater Noida (27 January-29 January, 2014)
- Participated in a workshop on Strategies of Technical Writing supported by UPTU, Lucknow, held at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad (30 November 2013)
- Participated in a Human Values and Professional Ethics Workshop organised by GNIT College at Greater Noida (2013)
- Participated in a two days Human Values and Professional Ethics Workshop organised by ITS College, Greater Noida in collaboration with Value Education Cell of GBTU and MTU at Greater Noida (27-28 April 2012)
- Participated in a two days Human Values and Professional Ethics Workshop organised by ITS College, Greater Noida in collaboration with Value Education Cell of GBTU and MTU at Greater Noida (21-22 November 2011)
- Participated in the workshop by Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan- Personality re-engineering & Holistic Wellness: an effort to sky rocket your career, personality and success held at GCET, Greater Noida (April 23 2010)
- Participated in the workshop on Managerial Administration held at Mangalmay Institute of Management and Technology, Greater Noida (August 17, 2010)
- Attended a short-term course/QIP on Macro Human Culture and Social Environment held at IIT-Roorkee (7-11 June, 2010)
- Attended the Workshop on Soft-Skills , at Infosys, Chandigarh (11-13 February, 2009)
- Attended a Talk by Shiv Khera on Winners don’t do different things. They do things Differently organized at Rotary Club, Kanpur (15 June 2008)
- Attended a Workshop on Awareness Programme on Innovations in Professional and Higher Technical Education held at Hotel Ashoka, New Delhi (May 6, 2005)
- Attended the Workshop on Oral Communication in English and Technology Interface: Problems and Prospects, held at GCET, Greater Noida (Feb.28-March 1, 2005)
- Attended the 30th International Systemic Functional Linguistic Congress, held at CIEFL, RC, Lucknow, India (Dec.1-17, 2003)
- Attended a workshop on Texting and Testing held at CIEFL, RC, Lucknow (2002)
- Attended a workshop on Communication Skills, held at CIEFL, RC, Lucknow (2002)
- Gold Medalist in Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality from IIT Kanpur (2018).
- A certified Human Values and Professional Ethics teacher/faculty (mandatory for teaching the said subject).
- Attended a workshop on ESOL Cambridge sponsored Teacher Support Programme held in Galgotias University, Greater Noida (18-19 October 2012).
- Attended Train the Trainer program at INFOSYS , Chandigarh in Soft Skills in August 2010.
- Life Time Member, LSI (Linguistic Society of India)
Awards & Honours
- Received a TEACHER INNOVATION AWARD for sustainable efforts towards promoting joyful and experiential teaching from ZIIEI on 30 September 2019
- Received a Certificate from MBA (Final year) students acknowledging my teaching methodology in the year 2012