Ms. Aastha Thakur
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UGC-NET, LL.M. (RGNUL), BA.LLB (Hons.)
Ms. Aastha Thakur is a Law Professor at Lloyd Law College. Ms. Aastha has done her BA.LLB. (Hons.) From Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla and LL.M. from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala. She has her Master’s Specialization in Constitutional Law. She has also qualified the UGC-NET exam. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar. Furthermore, she is also certified in course on ‘Understanding Research Methods’ organized by the University of London and SOAS University of London, Coursera. She intends to work towards Human Rights and Law for the Society.
Ms. Aastha Thakur envisions to develop an understanding of law among students in a simplified form. She considers Law School years to be the learning phase in students’ life and to prepare them for the futuristic approach. She is committed to working towards focused driven research and upholding the full strength of law with the intention of training, educating, and making students well versed with all the aspects of law.
Ms. Aastha Thakur has a teaching experience at Amity Law School, Amity University Kolkata, where she has worked as Assistant Professor (Law) prior to this. She has previously taught subjects like Law of Contract, IT Law, Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, International Human Rights and Equity and Trust Law. Apart from this she has also worked as a Convener for Constitutional Law Society and MUN Committee.
Roles And Responsbilites
- Faculty In-charge for Dance Committee, Cultural Cell, Lloyd Law College
- Judge for ‘Extempore Round’ at Debate Society Selection Process, Lloyd Law College.
- Co-ordinated the Legal Aid Awareness Camp – ‘Nukkad Naatak’ at Gram Panchayat Ghadi, Gautam Buddh Nagar on ‘Rights of Elderly citizens’ organized by Lloyd Law College.
Research and Publications:
- Research Paper titled “Intermediary Liability and The Media Rules, 2021” published in the “International Journal of Webology”, ISSN – 1735-188X in Vol.18 No.2.
- Research Paper Titled “Role of Inclusive Pedagogical Structure Education: An Analysis with reference to Indian case laws” published in “International Journal of Health Sciences”, ISSN – 2550-696X in Vol.6 No.1 (2022).
Conferences and Webinars:
- Organized and Hosted the 1 Day Webinar on Accessible Intellectual Property Rights to Persons with Disabilities organized by GNLU Center for Disability Study, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Organized and Hosted the 1 Day Webinar on Entrepreneurial Leadership and Disability: Prospects and Challenges organized by GNLU Center for Disability Study, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Organized and Hosted the 1 Day Webinar on Equal Opportunities in Sports to PWDs:
Prospects and Challenges
organized by GNLU Center for Disability Study, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Organized and Hosted the 3 Day International Conference on Disability and Inclusion organized by Bhumika Trust NGO in collaboration with Enabling Unit and Equal Opportunity Cell of Hansraj College, University of Delhi and Center for Disability Study, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
- Presented Paper titled “Impact of AI on Climate Change: A Study with reference to UNSDG 2030” at 1st International Conference in Latest Advancements in Science, Management, Commerce and Educational Research (LASMCER-2022) organized by Silicon City College, Bangalore, India held on 17th and 18th June, 2022.
- Presented Paper titled “Identity theft on social media platforms: An Empirical and Legal analysis” at 13th Asian Criminology Conference jointly organized by Asian Criminology Society and Gujarat National Law University on Emerging Trends in Technology and its Impact on Law, Criminal Justice and Public Policy held on 20th and 23th July, 2022 at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Faculty Development Programs:
- Participated at the 7-Day National Online Faculty Development Program on Changing Trends in Legal Education organized by Amity Law School, Kolkata from July 25 to August 02, 2022.
Additional Qualification/Certification Courses:
- Certified in Summer School on Disability Studies organized by Centre for Disability Studies, Gujarat National Law University (GCDS).
- Certified in the 6th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy Course organized by GASLA and Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law University of Cologne, Germany.
- Certified in Understanding Research Methods organized by the University of London and SOAS University of London, Coursera.
- Certified in User Awareness – Oxford Public International Law organized by Oxford University Press.