Mr. Anil Thakur
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Anil K Thakur is Assistant Professor of Law at Lloyd Law College. His qualifications are B.A., LL.B., LL.M. After completing his Degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Himachal Pradesh University Shimla, he started practicing as an Advocate in District Court. He completed his Degree of Master of Laws (LL.M.). He has more than 15 years of teaching experience. He has attended various Faculty Development Programs (FDPs), Training Sessions, Workshops, etc. He also acts as Faculty Coordinator in various co-curricular activities such as moot court competitions, parliamentary debates, etc. His areas of interest are IPC, Transfer of Property Act & Environmental Law etc.
Mr. Thakur believes that every child has a potential to shape the future of this country in his own unique manner, whether he is associated with law field or any other field. A teacher’s role, he believes, is not limited to the text books and classrooms but he also has to guide every student to become a good human being with strong moral values. The students must be provided with holistic development which commences from the classroom but travels beyond it. It includes moot court competitions, debates, academic visits and excursion tours, etc.
Mr. Anil K Thakur joined Lloyd Law College as Assistant Professor in Aug. 2010. As Assistant Professor, he has been taking lectures in B.A.LL.B. and LL.B. programs. He has been taking lectures on Property Law, IPC, Law of Evidence and Environmental Laws.
Roles & Responsibilities
Mr. Anil K Thakur has been entrusted upon academic as well as administrative functions. He is member of the Campus Disciplinary Committee (CDC). CDC is the body responsible for maintaining proper discipline in the campus and take immediate and appropriate steps in case of any grievance or complaint received by it
He is also a member of the Anti Ragging Committee of the College. As a member of this committee, his role is to ensure no act of ragging takes place within the campus, college transport or college hostel.
Books, Research & Publications
- Mr. Anil K Thakur has authored Case Material on Transfer of Property Act & Indian Easement Act, published by Thomson Reuters. The case material exclusively deals with creation, contour and coterie of legal concepts relating to Transfer of Property Act and Indian Easement Act.
International & National Seminars/Conferences
- Faculty Coordinator of “All six editions of Professor N.R. Madhava Menon SAARC Law Mooting Competition, Law Students’ Conference & South Asia Colloquium since, 2015
- Presented a Paper at CLEA Regional Conference on Freedom of Speech and Expression, 2016 organized by Law Commission of India in association with Lloyd Law College in 2016
- Participated in the Seminar organized by the Bar Council of India, 2013 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Participated in UGC Refresher Course on Human Rights and Social Justice, International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws in 2007 and obtained Grade “A” conducted by ISIL New Delhi.
- Participated in one day Faculty Development Program- me on “Research in Law: Some Thematic and Methodological Issues” at Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA in 2012.
- Participated in workshop on “Status of Victim Assistance Programmes in India” organiszed by Center for Victimology and Psychological Studies(CVPS) at Jindal Global University(JGU).
- Attended Professional Development Training Program on ‘Constitution Litigation and Human Rights Advocacy’ conducted by IBA- Chair on Continuing Legal Education, National Law School of India University Bangalore and Menon Institute of Legal Advocay Training, Trivandrum in 2015
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Law & Social Sciences” in January, 2019
- Participated in One-Week Online FDP on "A-Z of Writing & Publication in Scopus-indexed Journals" organized by GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, AP, India in August, 2020
- Faculty Coordinator, 1st Lloyd Law Job Fest 2018
- Registered Advocate, Bar Council of Himachal Pradesh
- Member, Bar Association, District Sirmour at Nahan
Awards & Honours
- Appreciated by Mr. Loknath Behra, IPS, DGP & State Police Chief for an outstanding contribution in the drafting and finalising the new Kerala Police Manual 2018-2019.
- Received Certificate of Honour & Appreciation at Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition