Dr. Shyamalima Kashyap
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Email: shyamalima.kashyap@firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in English Literature, M.A. in English, B.A. (Hons.)- English
Dr. Shyamalima Kashyap is as an Assistant Professor of English in Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, since August 2022. She has completed her Ph.D. in English Literature from Amity University, Noida on the topic ‘Countering Female Hegemony: A study of Male Subjugation in the works of Ken Kesey, V.S. Naipaul and Gillian Flynn’. She has also completed her Masters and Bachelors with honours in English Literature from the very same University.
As an educator, Dr. Shyamalima envisions herself encouraging open minds and creative thinkers who will meet the challenges of their generation. She also wishes to inspire free thinking and individualistic mindsets among students and teach them to be game changers in their chosen professions. She also aspires to develop soft skills among students to make them competent additions to the society.
Worked as an Assistant Professor of English in Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida - Jan 2020- July 2022. (2 years 5 months) - Worked as a Business Communications Trainer in Trig Empowering Institute, Guwahati - April 2018- Dec 2019 (1 year 7 months) Worked as a Visiting Faculty in Amity University, Noida - Jan 2015- July 2016 (1 year 5 month)
Roles And Responsbilites
- Working as a Trainer and Mentor in the ‘Soft Skills Training Program’ inducted for the students of 1st and 2nd year in Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Gave a customised session on ‘Importance of Tolerance, Resilience and Self Belief for a Law Student’ to the 4th year law students in Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Organised a ‘Personality Development Program’ for the BA.LLB and B.Com LLB 1st year students (2022-25) in Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Conducted and prepared reports on the ‘Professional Orientation Program’ by Mr. Prayank Jain for the 1st year students in Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Undertook the responsibility of monitoring and reproducing reports of ‘Professional Orientation Program’ by Mr. Ashutosh Upadhyay for the 1st year students in Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Oversaw and compiled reports of ‘Professional Orientation Program’ by Mr. Tariq Khan for the 1st year students, Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Was the coordinator and prepared reports of ‘Skill Development Program’ for the students of LLC and LSL, Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Judged the Extempore Rounds of Debate Society’s selection process in Lloyd Law College (2022).
- Initiated The Technical Language Society and Udbhav, the first e-magazine of the Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida, where she also was engaged as the Editor of the Magazine (2022)
- Worked as a member of the Organizing Committee of ‘ICOTET 2022,’ an International Conference organized by Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida.
- Worked with the students from Hospitality, Aviation, and Corporate Management and involved in framing industry-specific communicative techniques for their better understanding. (2019)
Books, Research And Publication
- Woes of Being a Man: Psychological Manipulation, Statutory Rape and False Rape Accusations in Joyce Maynard’s To Die For and Jodi Picoult’s Salem Falls (Journal of Critical Review) (SCOPUS), June 2020
- The Obscurity of Justice: Hegemonic Masculinity in Chronicle of a Death Foretold (Literary Endeavour) (UGC), May 2019
- Misuse of Power: A Shift in Gender Dynamics in Michael Crichton’s Disclosure Women and Development, Synergy Books India, ISBN: 9789382059875
- Women as Abusers: A study of Domestic Violence on Men in Michael J. Malone’s A Suitable Lie, Legal Aawaz, Atlantic Publishers, ISBN: 9781717773296
International And National Seminar/Conference
- Presented a paper in National Seminar on Justice for Men's Rights: Emerging Issues and Concerns, Kelvin institute, Dehradun (October 2018)
- Presented a paper in International Conference on Women and Development Union College, Meghalaya (July 2018)
Awards & Honours
- Award of Honour (Dronacharya Group of Institutions)- July 2022 for exceptional contribution to organisation's growth and development.
- Award of Excellence (Dronacharya Group of Institutions)- December 2021 for strong and persistent growth in academics